Areas of Practice
- Duffy firm Again Makes PaLaw’s Top Verdicts List December 04, 2013
- Duffy + Partners named Tier 1 National “Best Law Firm.” November 01, 2013
- Tom Duffy: 2014 Best Lawyer August 19, 2013
- “iCan Help” August 15, 2013
- Sarah Filippi Joins Duffy + Partners July 22, 2013
Verdicts & Settlements
In Rice, the Superior Court affirmed a $12,400,000 verdict (obtained in addition to a $3,500,000 settlement previously received) which, combined with interest and delay damages, totaled over $22,500,000. This affirmation was for the retrial of a 2006 case, where Duffy + Partners’ client Leroy Rice, a forklift operator who was crushed and partially paralyzed by pallets of frozen food when the warehouse racking he was working near collapsed upon him, was awarded a $10,600,000 verdict and $3,500,000 settlement.
Read more »
In Lewis, Duffy + Partners represented a Philadelphia doctor in a five-week trial where a jury awarded $15,700,000 to the doctor and occupants of a car she had rented, after an accident stripped her of the use of her left arm and her medical practice. Attorneys for a Toyota dealer under contract to provide maintenance on the vehicle argued that the client had been speeding and the car hydroplaned, but the firm prevailed in persuading jurors that it was mechanical failure due to faulty maintenance and service.
Read more »
- Clinical Observation December 05, 2013
- Case example: Failure to Keep a Patient for Observation November 05, 2013
- Triage Acuity October 17, 2013
- Teleradiology September 20, 2013
- Group B Strep September 17, 2013