Areas of Practice
- School Slip-and-Fall Case Settles for $5M April 15, 2015
- High School Slip-and-Fall Case Settles for $5 Million April 15, 2015
- “Navigating the Border Between Injury Claims & Citizenship Status” March 31, 2015
- “Emerging Areas of Institutional Liability for PA Hospitals” March 17, 2015
- Duffy Case in Largest Awards & Settlements of 2014 December 15, 2014
Verdicts & Settlements
In Rice, the Superior Court affirmed a $12,400,000 verdict (obtained in addition to a $3,500,000 settlement previously received) which, combined with interest and delay damages, totaled over $22,500,000. This affirmation was for the retrial of a 2006 case, where Duffy + Partners’ client Leroy Rice, a forklift operator who was crushed and partially paralyzed by pallets of frozen food when the warehouse racking he was working near collapsed upon him, was awarded a $10,600,000 verdict and $3,500,000 settlement.
Read more »
In Lewis, Duffy + Partners represented a Philadelphia doctor in a five-week trial where a jury awarded $15,700,000 to the doctor and occupants of a car she had rented, after an accident stripped her of the use of her left arm and her medical practice. Attorneys for a Toyota dealer under contract to provide maintenance on the vehicle argued that the client had been speeding and the car hydroplaned, but the firm prevailed in persuading jurors that it was mechanical failure due to faulty maintenance and service. The verdict was later affirmed by the Superior Court resulting in a recovery of over $18,500,000 with interest.
Read more »
- Case Example: Group B Strep May 07, 2015
- What is the Time Limitation for Pursuing a Malpractice Claim for Care Received in the ER? April 01, 2015
- Case Example: Induction Before a Holiday March 16, 2015
- How Long Should You Wait in the ER? February 09, 2015
- Case Example: Failure to Treat Ketoacidosis January 21, 2015