Areas of Practice
- Tom Duffy Panelist for “Stars of the Bar” March 29, 2014
- John Mirabella to Teach CLE on Hospital Malpractice March 25, 2014
- Tom Duffy Joins Homeless Advocacy Project Board March 13, 2014
- Duffy Verdict Listed in Largest Legal Judgments of 2013 February 24, 2014
- Duffy + Partners welcomes Jamie Zadra February 03, 2014
Verdicts & Settlements
In Rice, the Superior Court affirmed a $12,400,000 verdict (obtained in addition to a $3,500,000 settlement previously received) which, combined with interest and delay damages, totaled over $22,500,000. This affirmation was for the retrial of a 2006 case, where Duffy + Partners’ client Leroy Rice, a forklift operator who was crushed and partially paralyzed by pallets of frozen food when the warehouse racking he was working near collapsed upon him, was awarded a $10,600,000 verdict and $3,500,000 settlement.
Read more »
In Lewis, Duffy + Partners represented a Philadelphia doctor in a five-week trial where a jury awarded $15,700,000 to the doctor and occupants of a car she had rented, after an accident stripped her of the use of her left arm and her medical practice. Attorneys for a Toyota dealer under contract to provide maintenance on the vehicle argued that the client had been speeding and the car hydroplaned, but the firm prevailed in persuading jurors that it was mechanical failure due to faulty maintenance and service.
Read more »
- Electronic medical records and the emergency room April 07, 2014
- Case example: Failure to Diagnose Symptoms in the ER March 03, 2014
- Induction of Labor February 17, 2014
- Discharge instructions February 05, 2014
- Case example: Failure of ER Staff to Order Appropriate Tests January 10, 2014