Areas of Practice
- In 10-Story Fall Death Case, Parties Reach $4.45 Mil. Settlement July 24, 2014
- “The Use of Technology in Your Auto Case.” June 17, 2014
- Newest Duffy Fellow Announced: the Homeless Advocacy Project June 10, 2014
- Duffy Case is in “Top Verdicts of 2013” May 27, 2014
- Tom Duffy Discusses Duffy Fellow on CBS Philly May 07, 2014
Verdicts & Settlements
In Rice, the Superior Court affirmed a $12,400,000 verdict (obtained in addition to a $3,500,000 settlement previously received) which, combined with interest and delay damages, totaled over $22,500,000. This affirmation was for the retrial of a 2006 case, where Duffy + Partners’ client Leroy Rice, a forklift operator who was crushed and partially paralyzed by pallets of frozen food when the warehouse racking he was working near collapsed upon him, was awarded a $10,600,000 verdict and $3,500,000 settlement.
Read more »
In Lewis, Duffy + Partners represented a Philadelphia doctor in a five-week trial where a jury awarded $15,700,000 to the doctor and occupants of a car she had rented, after an accident stripped her of the use of her left arm and her medical practice. Attorneys for a Toyota dealer under contract to provide maintenance on the vehicle argued that the client had been speeding and the car hydroplaned, but the firm prevailed in persuading jurors that it was mechanical failure due to faulty maintenance and service.
Read more »
- Cervical Cerclage – Cervical Incompetence May 20, 2014
- Case example: Failure to Monitor a Patient’s Changing Condition May 02, 2014
- Newborn Screening – Methods, procedures, and timing April 21, 2014
- Electronic medical records and the emergency room April 07, 2014
- Pregnant women with HIV – the use of Retrovir to prevent transmission to your baby March 19, 2014