Areas of Practice
- John Mirabella Teaches Medical Malpractice CLE for PAJ November 19, 2014
- Duffy firm is Magee Cup Sponsor of Taliaferro Golf Tournament October 22, 2014
- Sarah Dooley Joins NMSS 2014 Leadership Class October 15, 2014
- Superior Court Affirms Duffy Verdict - Now $18.5 Million With Interest October 08, 2014
- In 10-Story Fall Death Case, Parties Reach $4.45 Mil. Settlement July 24, 2014
Verdicts & Settlements
In Rice, the Superior Court affirmed a $12,400,000 verdict (obtained in addition to a $3,500,000 settlement previously received) which, combined with interest and delay damages, totaled over $22,500,000. This affirmation was for the retrial of a 2006 case, where Duffy + Partners’ client Leroy Rice, a forklift operator who was crushed and partially paralyzed by pallets of frozen food when the warehouse racking he was working near collapsed upon him, was awarded a $10,600,000 verdict and $3,500,000 settlement.
Read more »
In Lewis, Duffy + Partners represented a Philadelphia doctor in a five-week trial where a jury awarded $15,700,000 to the doctor and occupants of a car she had rented, after an accident stripped her of the use of her left arm and her medical practice. Attorneys for a Toyota dealer under contract to provide maintenance on the vehicle argued that the client had been speeding and the car hydroplaned, but the firm prevailed in persuading jurors that it was mechanical failure due to faulty maintenance and service.
Read more »
- Study: Fear of Malpractice Suits Doesn’t Change Care November 10, 2014
- Conflicting Reports Raise Questions about ER in Dallas Ebola Case October 18, 2014
- Study: Expectant Mothers Would Benefit from National Quality Standards August 05, 2014
- Pennsylvania Law Expands Newborn Screening for Birth Defects July 15, 2014
- Cervical Cerclage – Cervical Incompetence May 20, 2014