Areas of Practice
- Duffy Verdict Listed in Largest Legal Judgments of 2013 February 24, 2014
- Duffy + Partners welcomes Jamie Zadra February 03, 2014
- “Lessons from a First-Year Associate” January 21, 2014
- Duffy firm Again Makes PaLaw’s Top Verdicts List December 04, 2013
- Duffy + Partners named Tier 1 National “Best Law Firm.” November 01, 2013
Verdicts & Settlements
In Rice, the Superior Court affirmed a $12,400,000 verdict (obtained in addition to a $3,500,000 settlement previously received) which, combined with interest and delay damages, totaled over $22,500,000. This affirmation was for the retrial of a 2006 case, where Duffy + Partners’ client Leroy Rice, a forklift operator who was crushed and partially paralyzed by pallets of frozen food when the warehouse racking he was working near collapsed upon him, was awarded a $10,600,000 verdict and $3,500,000 settlement.
Read more »
In Lewis, Duffy + Partners represented a Philadelphia doctor in a five-week trial where a jury awarded $15,700,000 to the doctor and occupants of a car she had rented, after an accident stripped her of the use of her left arm and her medical practice. Attorneys for a Toyota dealer under contract to provide maintenance on the vehicle argued that the client had been speeding and the car hydroplaned, but the firm prevailed in persuading jurors that it was mechanical failure due to faulty maintenance and service.
Read more »
- Case example: Failure to Diagnose Symptoms in the ER March 03, 2014
- Discharge instructions February 05, 2014
- Case example: Failure of ER Staff to Order Appropriate Tests January 10, 2014
- Clinical Observation December 05, 2013
- Gestational Diabetes November 19, 2013