« Back to Blog
Recall Roll Call: October, 2022
Recalls happen more often than you may think. Knowing the products that could be dangerous can help you stay safe. Here’s a quick recap of the major recalls for October 2022.
Amazon Basics Executive Desk Chair
There have been 13 reports of chair leg bases breaking, including one report of a minor shoulder injury as a result.
- Units affected: 11,400
- Sold: Online at Amazon.com from September 2021 through April 2022
- For more information: https://www.amazonexecutivechairrecall.expertinquiry.com/ or (888) 871-7108
Brother Power Adapters for AirSure DF-2 Dynamic Filtration Tabletop Air Purifiers
The casing for the power adapter can break while it’s being plugged in or removed, posing an electrical shock and/or electrocution hazard. No injuries have been reported.
- Units affected: 16,300
- Sold: Online at Brother-USA.com and Amazon.com from March 2022 through September 2022
- For more information: https://help.brother-usa.com/app/ask_capa or (866) 236-6835
Clorox Pine-Sol Cleaners
This recall covers several Pine-Sol cleaners that may contain bacteria that could pose a risk of serious infection to people with weakened immune systems. Recalled products include Pine-Sol Scented Multi-Surface Cleaners, Pine-Sol All Purpose Cleaners, and Professional Pine-Sol Lemon Fresh Cleaners. No injuries have been reported.
- Units affected: 37 million
- Sold: Online at Amazon.com and at Walmart, Sam’s Club, Dollar General, Target, Home Depot, BJ’s, Kroger, Dollar Tree, Lowe’s, Publix, and other major retailers nationwide
- For more information: https://pinesolrecall.com/ or (855) 378-4982
E-Bikes Distributed by Ancheer
The bike’s lithium-ion batteries can ignite, explode or spark. This poses risks of burn injuries. The company has received reports of 6 incidents involving fire, explosions, or sparks, including 4 reports of burn injuries.
- Units affected: 22,000
- Sold: Online at AliExpress.com, Ancheer.com, Amazon.com, eBay, NewEgg.com, Overstock, Rakuten.com, Sears, Walmart and Wish.com from January 2016 through June 2022
- For more information: https://www.ancheer.shop/pages/recalls or (888) 661-1330
Gel Blaster SURGE Model 1.0 Toy Guns
The toy contains a lithium-ion battery pack inside the handle that can overheat and ignite, posing a fire risk. The company has received 30 reports of smoking or fire but no injuries have been reported.
- Units affected: 62,700
- Sold: D2 LLC in Wimberley, Texas; Hey! Joy - Toy Store in Garden City, N.Y., Bloomington, Minn. and Orlando, Fla.; Learning Tree in Prairie Village, Kan.; Kitty Hawk stores along the East Coast and other stores nationwide and online at Kittyhawk.com, HeyJoyToyStory.com, LearningTreeToys.com, Gelblaster.com, Kickstarter.com, and Amazon.com from August 2020 through October 2021
- For more information: https://gelblaster.com/pages/safety-recall or (844) 435-5387
Goalsetter Wall-Mounted Basketball Goals
The basketball goal can detach from the wall and fall, posing a serious injury risk. It is associated with one fatality, the death of a 14-year-old boy.
- Units affected: 18,000
- Sold: SCHEELS stores and basketball equipment stores nationwide and online at Amazon.com, DicksSportingGoods.com, Walmart, Competitive Edge Products and Target from November 1999 through June 2022
- For more information: https://www.goalsetter.com/pages/basketball-wall-mount-recall or (855) 951-7460
Horizon Fitness Treadmills by Johnson Health Tech Trading
The treadmills pose a fall risk by unexpectedly accelerating, changing speed or stopping without user input. The company has received 71 reports of injuries, including bruises, abrasions, and two broken bones.
- Units affected: 192,000
- Sold: Dick’s Sporting Goods and Johnson Fitness & Wellness stores nationwide and online at Horizon Fitness, DicksSportingGoods.com and JohnsonFitness.com from March 2018 through October 2022
- For more information: https://www.horizonfitness.com/support/recall or (888) 223-1045
Juvo Plus Children’s Butterfly Net Sets and Army Action Figure Playsets
The set’s components contain levels of lead and phthalate (chemicals to make plastics softer) that can be toxic if ingested by children and that can cause other adverse health effects. No injuries have been reported.
- Units affected: 22,500 butterfly net sets and 4,500 action figure playsets
- Sold: Butterfly net sets sold online at Amazon.com, eBay, Facebook, Kroger, Overstock, Target, Walmart and Wish from September 2017 through June 2022. Action Figure playsets sold online at Amazon.com, Bluepanda, eBay, Facebook, Groupon, Kroger, Overstock, Target and Walmart from February 2018 through June 2022
- For more information: http://www.recallrtr.com/figuresandnets or (833) 408-0493
LG Energy Solution Michigan Solar Panel Batteries
These lithium-ion storage batteries can overheat, posing a smoke and fire hazard. The company has received one report of the batteries smoking and catching fire, causing property damage.
- Units affected: 11,500
- Sold: Various distributors of solar energy storage systems nationwide, including, but not limited to Sunrun, AEE Solar, Baywa, CED, Krannich, Independent Electric Supply and Inter Island Solar Supply from March 2017 through March 2020
- For more information: http://www.lgessbattery.com/us/main/main.lg or (888) 737-8104
Magic Chef Air Fryers
The air fryer can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards. No injuries have been reported.
- Units affected: 11,750
- Sold: Online at Amazon.com, Bed Bath and Beyond, Walmart, Kohls, Home Depot, Bluestem.com, QVC, Wayfair, Newair, Overstock, BestBuy and eBay from July 2018 through September 2020
- For more information: https://www.newair.com/pages/newair-magic-chef-digital-air-fryer-recall%20 or (833) 715-1021
Mittal International Baby Blankets
The threads in the blankets can detach and pose a choking and strangulation hazard. No injuries have been reported.
- Units affected: 108,000
- Sold: HomeGoods, T.J. Maxx and Marshalls stores nationwide from September 2021 through July 2022
- For more information: https://www.marshalls.com/us/store/jump/topic/Product-Recalls/2400019 or (888) 627-7425
Target Hearth & Hand Tea Kettles
The paint on the bottom of the kettle can chip, posing a fire hazard. There have been 27 reports of incidents, but no injuries.
- Units affected: 12,800
- Sold: Target stores nationwide and online from July 2021 through October 2021
- For more information: https://help.target.com/help/targetguesthelpprarticledetail?articleId=ka95d000000TPyAAAW&articleTitle=Hearth+and+Hand+with+Magnolia+Tea+Kettles&newsSafetyParCat=Product+Safety+%26+Recalls&productRecallCat=Product+recalls&searchQuery=search+help or (800) 440-0680
To see additional recalls by the Food and Drug Administration, click here.
Life-changing injuries and tragedies occur due to risky ingredients and errors made by manufacturers. If you have a question about what you believe may be a harmful or faulty product that may have caused injury, it may help to speak with a leading Philadelphia product liability attorney.