« Back to Blog

What Should I do if I’m Hurt on an Unsafe Worksite?

Posted on January 17, 2022

Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards are there for a reason—to keep workers safe. However, the government agency simply cannot be everywhere. That’s why OSHA has ways that you can let them know about safety hazards without jeopardizing your job.

If you believe your employer is not following OSHA standards or consistently ignores known hazards on the job site, you can request an OSHA inspection of your workplace by filing a confidential complaint. You don’t have to be hurt to file a complaint, but if you are injured in an unsafe workplace, you do have rights. You can hold your employer accountable for serious and willful misconduct and in the process receive more than just Workers’ Compensation. You can also file a complaint by fax, mail, email, telephone (800-321-OSHA), or by visiting your local OSHA office.

One of the most important things you should do if you were hurt is discuss the details with a Philadelphia

attorney with extensive experience in work-related injury lawsuits. Please contact us if you would like to discuss the details of your unique situation.