Thomas J. Duffy
Thomas J. Duffy is the founding member of Duffy + Partners and oversees all cases handled by the firm, which include birth trauma; medical malpractice; professional malpractice; motor vehicle and trucking accidents; construction accidents; aviation law and aircraft disaster; premises liability; product liability and maritime accidents. The firm also represents patent holders in enforcement cases.
Tom founded the firm almost a quarter of a century ago, when he left a promising career at a large Philadelphia firm to establish his own practice, a practice that has developed into a very experienced and respected group of partners and staff with one singular focus—helping individuals and families who are the victims of catastrophic injury.
Tom is annually listed in a number of attorney ranking publications and lists, including:
· Best Lawyers in America
· Super Lawyers
· Top 100 Attorneys in Philadelphia/Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania
· Irish Legal 100
He has been recognized for the high professional legal standards and ethics, rated "AV" by LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell, and listed in LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell’s Bar Register of Preeminent lawyers.
A respected attorney in his field who has successfully argued before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, Duffy is the author of "Legal Aspects of Pain and Suffering, The Plaintiff Attorney's Perspective" and is a lecturer who has given many educational presentations on trial practice.
Additionally, Tom Duffy is a licensed commercial pilot (ME Land, Sea, Instrument, TBM, Corsair, B-25 and P47 Spitfire type certificates) and a member of the Board of Trustees of the Magee Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation (who honored Tom with its "Champion in this Community" award for his volunteer work), and the Irish American Cultural Institute of Philadelphia.
- Marist College: B.A., cum laude, 1975
- Temple University: J.D., 1981
- Pennsylvania 1981
- New Jersey 1981
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Pennsylvania 1982
- District of New Jersey 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit 1982
- The American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- American College of Trial Lawyers: Fellow
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers: Fellow
- Lawyer Pilots Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Association For Justice
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association For Justice: Champion of Justice
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Foundation : Advocates of Justice
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association: Secretary, Board of Directors, President (2012-2013)
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board Hearing Committee: Chairman
- Temple University Academy of Trial Advocacy: Faculty